- Incise and drain entrance and exit wounds
- Open carpal tunnel release
- Intact median nerve
- Intact extensor tendons, < 50% damage to flexor digitorum superficialis and flexor digitorum profundus
- Intact deep and superficial palmar arch
- Comminuted third metacarpal and capitate fracture, non-displaced fourth metacarpal base fracture
- Surgical incisions closed loosely, entrance/exit wounds left open
If you could not guarantee continuity of care (must pass care to a lower standard), what instructions would you give to the accepting physician and the patient?
Are there any cultural/military discipline implications for this injury?